So I was eating out every meal for over a week before I settled into my new apartment. Because of all the unhealthy restaurant food, this week I have been cooking as much as possible. However, I am only cooking for 1 and my refrigerator in London is the size of most people's mini-fridges from college, so I've had to be a little creative with my recipes. They needed have 1) less than 5 ingredients, and 2) cooking time of under 30 min since I can only buy groceries and cook after I get home from work.
This is my take on a recipe I saw on another blog.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1 package whole wheat spaghetti
1 small onion, minced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 slices panchetta, cut into small half inch chuncks
salt and pepper
Parmesan for shaving over the top
1. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over a high heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add cleaned and cut cauliflower into pan. Stir and cover, turning the heat down to medium. Saute ~10 until the cauliflower is softened and starts to brown.
3. Boil paste (~quarter package per person).
4. Remove cauliflower, garlic and onions from pan. Add panchetta to hot pan and brown.
5. Once browned, add the cauliflower mix and pasta onto the panchetta. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with shavings of parm on top.